“Welcome to ENU” is a programme developed by L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (ENU) as a result of the “Welcome: Towards Incoming International University Communities” project, an Erasmus+ programme, writes Ekaterina Tsaranok.
Within the framework of this programme, students from as far away as France, Germany, Turkey, Uzbekistan, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, China and other countries have all had the privilege of studying at ENU.
Although ENU is an attractive option for Western European students due to its Central Asian location, the university also welcomes students from both Eastern and CIS countries. This broad international outreach not only strengthens the spirit of the programme, but it adds to ENU’s multinational brand.
Where else can you meet a wide variety of people from such diverse backgrounds, from different parts of the world, who all share a sincere desire to learn in the heart of Eurasia?
The uniqueness of the programme for foreign students is also revealed through its location in the nation’s capital – Nur-Sultan. ENU reflects the ambitious, rapidly developing, promising, and young nature of the Kazakh capital on the global stage.
After weighing the pros and cons of each programme, ENU pooled all of its efforts and resources to focus on incoming exchange students. As a QS-ranked university, ENU offers well-established partnerships, a developed outgoing mobility programme, a variety of disciplines in Kazakh, Russian and English, flexibility in the educational process, and a simple and friendly learning environment. All have contributed to the success of the programme.
To take account of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for student welfare, ENU provided a highly-efficient distance learning plan within the programme.
The aim of the “Welcome to ENU” programme is to attract foreign students for exchange, internships and practical trainings in the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University.
The “Welcome to ENU” programme provides access to university services from the moment of document submission for training until the student graduates. Before arrival, the university staff provides all the relevant information and advice on all issues related to the student’s training, arrival and adjustment to life in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main advantages of the “Welcome to ENU” programme include:
- Tuition-free education.
- Free accommodation in a new student house for foreign students, equipped with high-speed internet and other first-rate features.
- Submission of documents through an online portal where one can choose the period and programme of study, including the disciplines that a prospective student would like to attend. Upon completion of training, an official transcript of records will be available through this portal.
- Online consultation and helpdesk, as well as full informational support during the stay.
- Readily available information regarding international coordinators who support students during the duration of study.
- Meet & greet at the point of arrival.
- Participation in flagship university events like International Days or University Youth Policy Days, as well as a variety of university and national events.
For those who remain hesitant or have any further questions, ENU has opened a European Representation in Brussels at the Modern Education & Research Institute that will happily greet you and give you any additional necessary information to welcome you to ENU.
The Author, Ekaterina Tsaranok, is the Founding Director of the Modern Education and Research Institute in Brussels.