In former times and as we now see, there are individuals who want to reshape the world and regional relations. They tend to invent a plausible excuse to justify their aspirations, as if they have been offended, blocked in their ambitions or not appreciated…
In fact, everything looks much simpler. The ambitious person we are talking about might be just slightly mentally ill, thus preventing him from adequately assessing his condition, as well as the possibilities of forces and means planned to be used to satisfy his ambitions, and the consequences…
Such an odious personality of modern times is Vladimir Putin, who, under the pretext of infringement of Russia’s interests in the international economic and military-political arenas, started a “special military operation” for nothing more than a banal seizure and annexation of the territory of the neighbouring state – Ukraine.
This fact alone is criminal for a modern society with a long-established civilisation. It blatantly demonstrates how aggressive and unacceptable to civilised humanity the Russian leadership and its policies are.
Ukraine would never have become the tipping point in Putin’s ambitions and they would not have spread to Europe without the fortitude and courage of the Ukrainian population and its Armed Forces in repelling Russian armed aggression and thwarting the mentally unhinged dictator’s plans.
However, the forces of the aggressor have not yet been broken and their ambitions have not been contained. The vigor and brutality with which the war in Ukraine is being waged testify to Russia’s determination and its resources. The adopted sanctions aimed at undermining Russia’s economy and industry have had a significant impact, and according to experts, irreversible processes in these areas will begin in the near future.
But direct multilateral support for Ukraine from the United States and Europe is both appropriate and necessary. The successes demonstrated by the Armed Forces of Ukraine clearly testify to the military skill of the command and to the ability of the soldiers to use weapons supplied to them. Without deliveries to Ukraine of special types of weapons it will be much harder to achieve success, which will lead to a prolongation of the war and an unjustified increase in the number of dead and wounded. The most important factor here is also the need to restore a stable economic and political situation in Europe and in the world as a whole.
Summarizing the above, we can come to a number of conclusions:
– in the modern world, manifestations of aggression in matters of international relations are unacceptable, especially as manifested in the incitement of wars;
– all armed aggressions should be the object of close attention of the world community because they are the seats of regional and often world tension, leading to local and global negative consequences;
– all manifestations of aggression, especially armed aggression, should be suppressed by civilized society by all available means;
– peace without war is the key to the development of civilization. At the same time, both are a matter of reason and the solution are in human hands;
– it is impossible to find grounds for Russia’s unprovoked genocidal invasion of Ukraine. Just as it is impossible to find justification for the destruction, sacrifice and hardship experienced by the population of Ukraine.
The only possible conclusion to this abhorrent war must be world condemnation through an international court of law that punishes Putin and his associates.