From today until 21 February 2022, the general public is invited to vote for the 98 creative Brussels initiatives that have enabled our capital to shine in new and creative ways.
They can now vote on www.awards.brussels. Once the five finalists in each category have been selected by public vote, a jury made up of members of the various professional associations of the tourism sector, the academic world and the press will then choose the 2022 winners.
The top 3 candidates will be announced and the winners will receive their award on 21 April 2022, at the visit.brussels Awards ceremony, which will be held in compliance with the health measures in force.
The 6 categories put to public vote are:
1. Best creative alternative: This award recognises the best innovative initiative taken by a tourism or cultural actor that allowed them to refresh their offer and propose something new and original, while staying true to their DNA. Examples: a club, hotel, bar or restaurant that hosted an exhibition or out of the ordinary evening events, etc.
2. Audacious new project: This award recognises an audacious new concept or venue launched in the midst of the crisis. Examples: the launch of a new concept, offer, restaurant, exhibition, etc.
3. Solidarity initiative: This award recognises the best individual or collective initiative to help people in need. Examples: housing for the homeless, food collection points for the disadvantaged, etc.
4. Sustainable initiative: This award recognises the initiative which, despite the challenging context of the health crisis, has best contributed to reducing its environmental impact by questioning the way it operates. Examples: zero-waste initiatives, companies that decided to use only ethical Brussels bicycle delivery services, etc.
5. Co-creation: This award recognises the best collaborative initiative between partners. Example: initiatives organised by several museums, the incorporation of concepts or works from other museums, the creation of joint products between a number of local companies to support the sector, etc.
6. Brussels on stage: This award recognises the initiative which, through its very existence, has enabled Brussels to shine on the national and/or international scene. Example: an initiative that has made a name for itself beyond our borders. Category only voted on by the jury: Best B2B Congress/Event: This award recognises a B2B event that has positioned Brussels as a centre of excellence and a key meeting place for its sector. find more info at www.awards.brussels